New and Featured
1) Identity and Autobio
2) The Autobiographical Self: Who We Know and Who We Are
What we sense as a “self” emerges from stimuli both from within and without our body through complex levels of neural integration. The integration of memory and self is not a one-time occurrence but involves lifelong development.
3) Psychiatric Comorbidities of Female Inpatients With Eating Disorders
Objective: We analyze 27 point-prevalent DSM-IV Axis I comorbidities for eating disorder inpatients. Methods: The sample included 2436 female inpatients treated between January 1, 1995, and December 31, 2000, for primary DSM-IV diagnoses of anorexia, bulimia, and eating disorder not otherwise specified.
4) Psychodynamic Neurobiology: The Neurobiologic Bases of Mental Conflict and Psychotherapeutic Change
The neurobiologic bases of mental conflict and psychotherapeutic change.
The Larger List
- Blinder BJ. “An Update on Pica: Prevalence, Contributing Causes, and Treatment.” Psychiatric Times. 2008 May 1.
- Blinder BJ. “The Autobiographical Self: Who We Know and Who We Are.” Psychiatric Annals. 2007 April; 37(4):276-84.
- Blinder BJ, Cumella EJ, Sanathara VA. “Psychiatric Comorbidities of Female Inpatients with Eating Disorders.” Psychosomatic Medicine. 2006 May-June;68(3):454-62.
- Blinder BJ. “Psychodynamic Neurobiology.” Beitman B, Blinder B, Thase M, Riba M, Safer D, eds. Integrating Psychotherapy and Pharmacotherapy: Dissolving The Mind-Brain Barrier. New York, NY: Norton; 2003:161-180.
- Blinder BJ, Blinder MC, Sanathara VA. “Eating Disorders and Addiction.” Behavior and Medicine and Psychiatric Times. Dec 1998.
- Blinder BJ, et al. “Advances in Mood Stabilizing Medication.” Western Journal of Medicine. 1998 July;169(1):39-40.
- Klein E, Blinder BJ, Wu J. “Caudate Hypermetabolism in PET study of Bulimia Nervosa.” Paper presented to Society for Biological Psychiatry.1996 May, New York.
- Blinder BJ, Bloom A. “Diagnostic and Therapeutic Advances in Treatment Resistant Mood Disorders.” Western Journal of Medicine. 1995;164(3).
- Blinder BJ, Chao K. “Eating Disorders: A Historical Perspective in Understanding Eating Disorders.” Alexander-Mott L, Lurnsden DB, Taylor & Francis (eds). Washington DC, London. 1994:3-36.
- Shapiro DH, Blinder BJ, Hagman J, Pituck S. “A Psychological ‘Sense of Control’ Profile of Patients with Anorexia Nervosa and Bulimia.” Psychological Reports. 1993;73:531-541.
- Levine L, Enas GG, Ballenger JC, Blinder BJ, Dixon K, Dunlop SR, Ferguson JM, Grosser B, Goldbloom D, Halikis J, Herzog D, Hsu LKG, Pope HG, Powers PS, Yates WR. “Fluoxetine in the Treatment of Bulimia Nervosa: A multicenter Placebo-Controlled, Double-Blind Trial.” Archives of Gen. Psychiatry. 1992;49:139-147.
- Blinder BJ. “A Psychodevelopmental Perspective on Rumination.” Wilson CP, Hogan CC, Mintz IL. (eds). Psychodynamic Technique in the Treatment of the Eating Disorders. Aronson, NY 1992.
- Blinder BJ. “Eating Disorders in Psychiatric Illness.” Western Journal of Medicine. 1991;155:519-520.
- Blinder BJ “Eating Disorders.” Gastrointestinal Symptoms: Clinical Interpretation. Berk JE and Haubrich WS eds. BC Decker Inc., Philadelphia. 1991;241-250.
- Blinder BJ. “Eating Disorders in Psychiatric Illness.” Clinics in Applied Nutrition. 1991;1:68-80.
- Wu JC, Hagman J, Buchsbaum MS, Blinder BJ, Derfler M, Tai WY, Hazlett E, Sicotte N. “Greater Left Cerebral Hemispheric Metabolism in Bulimia Assessed by Positron Emission Tomography.” American Journal of Psychiatry. 1990;147(3):309-312.
- Hagman J, Buchsbaum M, Wu J, Rao S, Reynolds C, and Blinder B. “Comparison of regional brain metabolism in bulimia nervosa and affective disorder assessed with positron emission tomography.” Journal of Affective Disorders. 1990;19:153-162.
- Blinder BJ, Goodman S. “Pica: Critical Review of Diagnosis and Treatment.” Karasu B. (ed). Perspectives on Treatment in Psychiatry. 1989, American Psychiatric Press.
- Blinder BJ, Goodman S. “Rumination.” Karasu B. (ed). Perspectives on Treatment in Psychiatry. 1989, American Psychiatric Press.
- Blinder BJ, Goodman S, Goldstein R. “Rumination.” The Eating Disorders. 1988, PMA Publications, New York.
- Blinder BJ, Goodman S. “Pica.” The Eating Disorders. 1988, PMA Publications, New York.
- Sibley D, Blinder BJ. “Anorexia Nervosa.” The Eating Disorders. 1988. PMA Publications, New York.
- Goodman S, Blinder BJ. “Atypical Eating Disorders.” The Eating Disorders. 1988, PMA Publications.
- Blinder BJ. “Gastroesophageal Function in the Eating Disorders.” and “Rumination and Pica: A critical review of diagnoses and treatment and perspective on hypotheses on etiology.” Eating Disorders in Adolescents and Young Adults. Freund Publishing House Ltd., Tel Aviv, 1988.
- Blinder BJ, Cadenhead K. “Bulimia: A Historical Overview.” Adolescent Psychiatry. 1986;13:231 240. Also in Spanish. “Trastornos en la Dimentacion.” Feinstein SC, Sorosky AD. (eds). Ediciones Nueva Vision Buenos Aires. 1988:23-35.
- Blinder BJ, Chaitin BF, Hagman J. “Two Diagnostic Correlates of Dexamethasone Nonsuppression in Normal Weight Bulimia.” Hillside Journal of Clinical Psychiatry. Fall/ Winter 1987;9(2).
- Blinder BJ, Hagman J. “Serum Salivary Isoamylase in Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia or Bulimia Nervosa.” Hillside Journal Clinical Psychiatry. Fall/Winter 1986;8(2):152 163.
- Blinder BJ, Goodman S. “Atypical Eating Disorders.” Larocca F. (ed). Eating Disorders: New Directions for Mental Health Services. No. 31, San Francisco: Jossey Bass, Fall 1986:29 37.
- Blinder BJ. “Rumination: A Benign Disorder?” International Journal of the Eating Disorders. 1986, Vol 5, No 2:385 386.
- Blinder BJ, Bain N, Simpson R. “Evidence For An Opioid Neurotransmission Mechanism in Adult Rumination.” American Journal Psychiatry. 1986;143:255.
- Blinder BJ, Goodman S, Youdim M. “Brain Iron Dopamine Receptor Sensitivity and Tardive Dyskinesia.” American Journal of Psychiatry. 1986;143:277 278.
- Short D, Blinder BJ. “Nicotine Used As Emetic By a Patient with Bulimia.” American Journal of Psychiatry. 1985:142, 272.
- Blinder BJ. “Developmental Antecedents of the Eating Disorders: A Reconsideration.” Psychiatric Clinics of North America. Vol. 13, No. 3, 579-592, 1980.
- Blinder BJ. “The Children’s Psychiatric Hospital Unit in the Community: Concept, Development and Implementation.” American Journal of Psychiatry. 1978;135:848 851.
- Blinder BJ, Stunkard AJ, Agras WS. “Anorexia Nervosa.” (letter) JAMA. 1974;229:1864 65.
- Blinder BJ. “Preparation for the Conduct of Psychotherapy.” Phronesis: Rev. Neurology, Neurosurgery, Psychiatry (Spanish and English text). 1972 May; Vol. 1, No. 1.
- Blinder BJ. “Sibling Death in Childhood.” Child Psychiatry and Human Development. 1972;2:169 175.
- Blinder BJ, Stunkard AJ, Freeman DMA. “Behavior Therapy of Anorexia Nervosa: Effectiveness of Activity as a Reinforcer of Weight Gain.” Presented to American Psychiatric Association, Boston, May 1968, American Journal of Psychiatry. 1970;126:1093 1098.
- Blinder BJ, Ringold AL. “Rapid Weight Restoration in Anorexia Nervosa.” Clinical Research. 1967;15:473.
- Luborsky L, Blinder BJ, Mackworth N. “Looking, Recalling and GSR as a Function of Defense.” Personality. edited by R. Lazarus and N. Upton, Penguin Books, 1967. Also in Journal of Abnormal Psychology. 1965;70:270 280.
- Luborsky L, Blinder BJ, Mackworth N. “Eye Fixation and the Contents of Recall and Images as a Function of Heart Rate.” Percep. and Motor Skills. 1964;18:421 436.
- Luborsky L, Blinder BJ, Mackworth N. “Eye Fixations and Recall of Pictures as a Function of GSR Responsivity.” Percep. and Motor Skills. 1963;16:469-483.